浓缩 and 延长一天 Programs
Canterbury’s 浓缩 and 延长一天 Programs offer additional educational and social opportunities to complement a student’s school day schedule.
At 正规网赌软件下载学院, our 浓缩 Programs are founded on project-based learning principles, with the belief that children learn best through hands-on experiences. 课程, core lessons are designed around a specific subject, and academic skills and subject knowledge are integrated and expanded through those experiences, 包括:
- 艺术 – Students explore art processes and express themselves and their learning through two and three dimensional creative works.
- Gardening and outdoor education - classes learn about the natural world through observation and experimentation
Students also benefit from special classes within the 浓缩 programs which are scheduled in certain quarters per year and are grade-level specific. 这些包括:
- Chess (Junior Kindergarten, Kindergarten Prep) – Chess helps even the youngest students improve problem solving and basic chess skills through visuals and group play. Instruction includes creative, age-appropriate activities.
- Soccer (Junior Kindergarten) – Students learn foundational skills, as well as the meaning of teamwork and sportsmanship. A supportive environment encourages practice and play.
- Dance (Cavaliers, Junior Kindergarten) – Students learn basic Tap and Jazz dance steps and techniques, while developing balance and coordination.
午饭群 is an excellent opportunity for students to enjoy lunch, 自主玩, and social time with friends.
We are committed to supporting parents, helping to balance work and family. That's why we offer Early Bird (before-school) Care, as well as Above and Beyond (after-school) Care for our 儿童早期 students. These extended day programs focus on bringing out the best in every student – combining active games with structured and unstructured play, quiet time and creativity.